From Brexit, to the next government, public affairs professionals are facing an ever rising tide of uncertainty. With so many unknowns and variables, in these unique times, the importance of public affairs professionals has been raised to new heights.
The Public Affairs Conference 2019 welcomed over 100 professionals from across the industry who explored the latest on refreshing and rewriting a public affairs strategy, tools to identify, map and prioritise stakeholders, top-tips on managing and growing a relationship, techniques to convey clear, precise and powerful communications, showcase success and gain buy-in, time and traction, on issues post-Brexit.
Delivering Public Affairs in a Changing World
Who spoke at the 2019 Public Affairs Conference?
- Professor Phil Harris, Business Research Institute, University of Chester & Editor Journal Of Public Affairs
- Emma Greenwood, Director of Policy and Public Affairs, Cancer Research UK
- Paul Richards, Former Special Adviser & author of Be Your Own Spin Doctor
- Lewis Cooper, Interim Head of Public Affairs, Association of Colleges
- Donna Castle, Director of Public Affairs and Communications, PAGB
- Imran Hussain, Director of Policy & Campaigns, Action for Children
- Matthew Downie, Director of Policy & External Affairs, Crisis
- Rt Hon Lord Andrew Lansley, Member, House of Lords
- Katie Martin, Head of External Affairs, Citizens Advice
- Gemma Wood, Head of Public Affairs, EngineeringUK
- Bob Blackman, Member of Parliament, Harrow East
- Claire Calder, Head of Public Affairs, Dogs Trust
What topic were addressed?
- Delivering effective public affairs during uncertainty
- Effective approaches to identifying, mapping and prioritising stakeholders
- Public affairs in Crisis: Managing a decision that goes against you
- Creating, refreshing and implementing a public affairs strategy
- Hear first-hand from a key influencer on effective lobbying
- Conveying clear, precise and powerful communications
- Gaining buy-in, time and traction, on post-Brexit issues
- Case Study: creative campaigning, big impact
- Managing and growing a relationship
- Monitoring and showcasing success
Heads of Public Affairs - Heads of Policy - Heads of Government Affairs - Heads of External Affairs - Heads of Campaigns - Heads of Stakeholder Relations - Heads of Communications - Heads of PR - Heads of Social Media - Heads of Strategy
Dods is a registered Continuing Professional Development provider. For more information on the CPD, please click here.